Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Week 1 Diva Style

Hello everybody,

This will be the most rewarding thing I've ever done for myself! Oh yes, I have been on this weight loss roller coster pretty much all of my adult life and I am finally, seriously ready to get off! I welcome any advice you can give - I need all the support I can get. My husband and I have plans to start a family soon and the "DIVA" wants to enjoy every moment without any complications and without loosing my breath.....hahahhaha!!

I am a very fun person, with a very healthy sense of humor. I am a great woman of faith-spiritual, beautiful, smart, ambitious, focused, loved, in love and ready to take a trip to the mall and be able to walk into any store and get what I want and that means being able to wear what I want and look great in it! My birthday is January 29 (AQUARIUS WOMEN ARE NATURAL BORN DIVAS!) and my goal is 40 lbs. melted down by then. Pray for me as I will be Praying for you....GOD IS GRACIOUS & MERCIFUL and He is willing to help us in EVERY AREA of our lives....but FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS NULL & VOID! I plan to WORK IT DIVA STYLE :)

14 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

Preach on, girl.

You guys in the FAT Coalition have just gained one hell of a cheerleader.

Tamika, the best advice I can give you is to pay attention to what you do. Track your progress - take measurements, count calories, take pictures - you'll wish you had them later if you don't.

Now, we have to defeat the "poor lunch habits" of our group here at work.

Ripx180 said...

Tamika,

Sounds like you got a ton of great stuff going on in your life. Welcome to the FAT coalition. With less weight life only gets better. If you see Rob 5 days a week your a lucky lady. Hes obviously living it and has 100lbs to prove it. Lean on him hes a stand up dude. Dont forget to give him a Diva Style kick in the butt if you see him heading towards the donuts at the front door. Not that he ever does that ;) Anyway looking forward to watching your transformation.

Ripx

Kristen said...

Tamika, you sound FABULOUS!

It's nice that you and Rob can band together and try to avoid the pies and pizza together. I wish I had that kind of support at work.

I can't wait to see your progress!

swankywanker said...

A reference from Rob is good enough for me. He says you're the funniest chick he's met, so he's raised the bar on our expectations for your blog. Can't wait to hear more from you. Welcome!

Marcol said...

Welcome Tamika. I look forward to learning and sharing with you.

Stick with it and you can reach any goal you set!

Melissa said...

Tamika, you sound like so much fun! Im looking forward to getting to know you, and support you on this journey :)

Welcome to FAT!

Anonymous said...

Welcome Tamika.
Let me know if you and Rob are successful in changing the "poor lunch habits" of your group at work. I have the same problem.
You're in good hands on this blog!

Jim McCoy said...

Forty pounds by the end of January is doable, but you better keep that nose to the grindstone. Tuck will help you out, too. Just don't forget to give him a kick in the butt if he deserves one too.

Rob Tucker said...

Hey, easy on the promoting my butt being kicked by Tamika. She'll really do it, LOL.

Anonymous said...

Hello Tamika,

Can't wait to read your blog daily! I know you can do it!

Kristen said...

Tamika, with so much in common...we're practically twins! hehe.

You're lucky to be with a fellow Libra. Actually, Aquarius and Libra is usually an excellent match - good for you guys!

Fast food is usually my downfall too, although I've learned to be able to control it somewhat. I just pick one thing or get mini sizes of everything. It has done wonders for me.

Jay said...

Welcome Tamika! My birthday is 3 days before yours, and my goal is right around 40 lbs as well. Let's get it done!

Jay said...

BTW, i love the idea that you're going on a shopping spree when you reach 40 lbs!

billy said...

You have the right attitude to stick with it, you can do this!