Friday, September 28, 2007

Staying Focused

Hey Guys,

Staying focused can be challenging especially when you're in a party setting. I am giving my 4 year old niece a birthday party tonight at Chuck E. Cheese so I am coming up with a plan now to not eat the pizza at all because I definitely want a small piece of cake. The party starts at 7 so I'll have to go home, eat my 300 calerie entre so that I'll be satisfied; this should help with the temptation. Pray for me because this is the first event that involves "bad food" that I love!

Overall, this week has been a success. My goal is to have 1700 calories a day - my doctor says that I should stay between 1700-2200 for the first 4 weeks. It was unbelievable, and sort of embarrasing to learn that I was consuming over 3300 caleries/day - DEFINITELY NOT DIVA! I plan to start working out at least 3 days a week before work (Pray for me on that too :)).

Any advice?

8 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

As for the party tonight, I think it's a good idea for you to eat ahead of time. It wouldn't be such a bad idea to bring a snack with you (something small that you can have while they're all eating your favorite food in front of you). Sometimes it's hard to pass up the 'bad stuff' even if you're not hungry. I'd rather see you have a snack with you there than be empty handed.

Are you counting your calories exact? If not, I can show you a good calorie counting website that will make it real easy for you.

You'll be great this weekend - I'll know it if you cheat ;)

Kristen said...

I second Rob's advice. Take a snack with you so that you don't get too bored. Go play games or something so that you're not sitting around looking at the food. Drink lots of water before you go. You might consume more than you normally would with eating before and a snack during, but you're bound to consume less than you would if you give in to the pizza...if that makes sense :)

swankywanker said...

Would it help you to picture yourself at your neice's bday party a year from now, slimmer and healthier, and looking and feeling like your true diva self? Your long term goal will prove more satisfying than a couple of slices of greasy pizza.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it crazy to find out how many calories are actually in the foods we eat (and how quickly they add up!)?

Once I started eating the right kinds of foods and realized that a sub-1,800 calorie day was actually satisfying, it blew my mind that I could consume over 3,000 a day!

Best of luck at the party. Those are tough!

Kristen said...

Great advice from Swanky! Visualization is a powerful tool.

Anonymous said...

advice for working out: CARDIO, it works magic.

Ripx180 said...

ditto on what everyone else said. I think my number one goal for success is to have a plan. I always end up eating to much or doing something I know i shouldn't if I don't have a plan and wing it. Tell yourself this is how its going to go down. Say I am going to only eat one piece of pizza and a small serving of cake and then stick to it. You will feel very empowered after you have done it. Anyway keep on keeping on and you will be the diva in your dreams ;)

Jay said...

just think about that shopping spree!!