Thursday, October 4, 2007

Diva Down

Good morning,

Guys you wouldn't understand what I'm going through .... this is just for the ladies because they understand because we share this common nightmare as women! I have had a munchy week - I am craving salt and sweets as usual and I am trying to fight the cravings but they are so strong and I guess I am too weak to fight off the temptation like in most cases. I have just screwed this week up so next week will definitely be a tight ship in my food choices, and my exercise plan will be in full action daily. I used to be a member of Jenny Craig and I have this CD and it is awesome - I did really well when I incorporated the workout in my plans just 3 days a week. What a difference a 30 minute workout can make huh? I went from losing 1.7-2.2 lbs. a week, to loosing 5-6 lbs. a week....THE DIVA HAS TO WORK IT; I just really hate it because my body aches for the first 2 weeks. I just have to keep my eyes on the prize .... MY SHOPPING SPREE, 3-4 sizes smaller!

Thanks - have a peaceful, prosperous day everybody!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get it! Yesterday I ate four mini dark chocolate bars, which I have avoided for the past year. My cravings were worse than usual.
Today someone brought donuts to work! They are sitting right in front of the coffee pot. It's like a bomb is sitting there.

Rob Tucker said...

Tamika, one thing I've learned over time is that those cravings will come. Then again, I don't have the excuse that you do ;)

If you find yourself breaking - don't get down on yourself. But, don't let it become an excuse to ruin the whole day.

Try to avoid the stuff that you KNOW is bad for you. But if shit happens - don't roll around it in. Pick yourself up, brush yourself off and keep going. Breaking one meal doesn't give us an excuse to break the whole day - and then a week.

Jim McCoy said...

Rob's right. If you would have seen me on the first day of my Labor Day road trip, you would've thought that my whole diet was done, but I got it together on day 2, and came home a half pound lighter than I was when I left. Now, a half pound is nothing big, but at least I kept it from going the other way. That's what you need to do. Turn it around NOW before it gets worse.

Anonymous said...

One trap I always used to fall into was letting my whole day or week go to pot because of one, two (ok, or ten) bad choices. I used to justify a bad day of eating because I had a donut for breakfast, for example. If you make a bad decision, you can't go back and change it. Let it go, and keep moving forward.

Also, for those NASTY cravings, wait 15 minutes. If you're still craving a bad food, eat it. Just in a small portion. A little bit will get rid of the craving.

You can also do substitutions. If you're craving salty, eat a dill pickle. It's only 5 calories vs. at least 150 in a serving of chips. Sweets (CHOCOLATE!!!), eat something with cocoa or do dark chocolate. It's great for your heart. Those are just some examples. :)

You're doing great...I LOVE your attitude. Keep it up and you'll be 5-6 sizes smaller in NO time!

swankywanker said...

Safe to assume we've all been there. I'll tell you this much, it feels great to get through a craving without giving in, and then celebrate your resistance.

Jay said...

yeah, it gets easier to resist the cravings if you've had some practice doing it.