Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Fear Factor

Hey Guys,

I hope everybody had a productive weekend! Me and my hubby were at odds, I had death in the family, so sort of bitter sweet. On the bright side I attended our Women's Day Conference at my Church and it was wonderful! When it was lunch time I was so hungry because I woke up to late for breakfast and skipped it (I know terrible thing to do). I was pleasantly surprised that the menu had a nice variety of good and not so good food choices...but all yummy. I had fruit, a turkey pita wrap and salad with a vinegarette dressing. Also, I found it very helpful that we ate together as a group so I was so busy talking, that I wasn't overly focused on how hungry I was or that the small portion I'd selected wouldn't be enough. So I did great.

Fear Factor: I was at Target the other day shopping for a hair blow dryer and ran into the area where the scales are ..... they were on sale and they were stacked ceiling high! I stopped and looked from a distance at first because I was really scared to move in closer because I dread the scale more than I really thought. I know some of you are laughing because I even laughed as I walked away without a scale in my hand thinking to myself "are you serious"? I am going to go back and purchase one this week so that I can track my weight loss more regular.

Have a peaceful, prosperous day!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tamika, don't fear the scale! With the good food choices you make, especially in a social setting, you could make that scale your friend.

When I know I've had a good day with food and exercise I actually look forward to standing on that scale. When I have a bad food and exercise day the scale puts me back on track. Once you see the numbers going down you get addicted to that good feeling of accomplishment.

Ripx180 said...

Ditto on what Sharon said. The scale is your friend and a buddy that will help keep you on track. If you stop visiting it you are most likely trying to avoid something.... like the truth. Glad your gonna go back and pick up your new weight loss buddy - he/she will not lie to you.

Nice work on the good lunch too. Try not to forget breakfast. Getting overly hungry is very bad for us people trying to loose weight. It usually ends in a really bad high cal meal.

Anonymous said...

Ditto what they said, Tamika. It's not easy to face the scale when it says something you don't want it to, but I would have never made it this far without one. You've got to have one so that you can keep the pressure on yourself, and so that you have something to celebrate when you succeed. Don't fear the scale, it is your friend.

BTW This is Jim. Blogger login is down, so I'm stuck doing things in anonymous

Jay said...

Agree with them. You don't fear it if it's saying what you expect it to say.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Great job on making good food choices at the conference! It's always tough in those situations, but you totally won that battle.

As far as the scale goes, the first weigh-in is the worst. After that, you come to grips with where you are in weight and the scale does become your friend like the others have said.

Melissa said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. Great job on the food choice at lunch!

Anonymous said...

How's it going, Tamika?

Brian said...

Tamika? How goes it? Gotta keep bloggin or we're going to think you gave up!

Kristen said...

So...did you end up buying a scale?

Great job at the women's conference last week :)

Anonymous said...

Tamika! We miss you. How's it going? We all said don't fear the scale but you also shouldn't fear blogging - we're here for you.

Jay said...

Tamika, where you at?

Brian said...

Uh oh, I'm getting worried. Don't let this be the end!

Brian said...

OK, I'm giving this one until December 9th then I'm going to call it dead.

You out there Tamika? Come on back!